Last updated: August 13, 2021
Privacy statement of The Student Hub
The Student Hub treats personal information it collects through its website, platforms and engagement with students as private and confidential.
We collect personal information directly from you, and where lawful and reasonable, we may collect personal information about you from third parties and publicly available sources for the purposes set out below.
We will process your personal information if you give us your consent willingly or in accordance with the law. You give your consent to us through our product and services agreements.
We will only disclose your personal information if:
- the law requires it;
- we have a public duty to disclose the information;
- our or your legitimate interests require disclosure; or
- you agreed that we may disclose your information.
We ask individuals, organisations and our subsidiaries and affiliates for support that include future prospective employers who may require access to your information for job placements. When we do this, they have to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices.
We will not disclose your personal information to external organisations that are not our service providers, unless you gave us your consent, or unless we may do so by law, or if it is necessary for the conclusion or performance of our agreement with you.
Storing personal information
We store personal information as required by law.
Our security practices
Our security systems are designed to prevent loss, unauthorised destruction, damage and/or access to your personal information from unauthorised third parties.
Access to your personal information
As a student who has engaged with us, you may: (a) ask us to give you a description of your personal information that we hold; and (b) ask us to correct or update your personal information through our customer service channels.
[We may, if allowed by law, charge a fee for this.]
Our use of technology to follow your use of our website
While you are using our websites or mobile applications, we automatically process certain personal information, such as visits to our website. We use this information to find out which areas of our website people visit most and to monitor the use of our websites. This helps us to add more value to our services. This information is gathered in such a way that we do not get personal information about any individual or their online behaviour on other websites.
We use cookie technology on some of our websites. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your Internet browser when you use our website. The cookie is sent to our computer each time you visit our websites. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online.
Transfer across borders
Sometimes we will process your personal information in other countries, either to carry out your instructions or for ordinary business purposes. These countries may not have the same level of protection. We will only process your personal information with your consent. If necessary, we will ask the party to whom we transfer your personal information to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices.
What do we do with your personal information?
Why we collect and process personal student information:
- To fulfil a contract or link to an agreement, including:
- providing our services;
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments; and
- To facilitate marketing The Student Hub’s business ventures, the improvement and development of our products and services, and keeping our records up to date. Including:
- providing products and services, you have requested, as well as responding to any comments or complaints you send us;
- Personalising your experience on our Websites. Personalising your experience in any of our courses or partner courses in which you choose to enrol.
- To help us respond better to your specific needs;
- targeting advertising to individuals with similar interests or characteristics through a third party;
- developing new products or services or conducting analyses to enhance current products and services;
- reviewing the usage and operations of the Websites
- Analysing and improving Websites for you;
- contacting you for legitimate business purposes;
- using personal information to invite individuals to take part in market research;
- where consent is not required by applicable law, for direct marketing purposes;
- Protecting the security and functionality of the Websites, including using personal information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or others about the Websites or our products and services.
We conduct balancing tests for the data processing we carry out based on our legitimate interests described above. For more details on the balancing tests we have carried out, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com. You have the right to object to our use of your data.
- Where you give us consent includes:
- Sending you direct marketing concerning our relevant products and services or other products and services The Student Hub provides.
- In other instances where we ask you for consent, we use the data to be communicated then.
- For legally required reasons.
- in response to requests by government or law authorities conducting an investigation;
- Using personal information regarding legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary, including disclosing such data in connection with legal process or litigation.